Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Today's cd/$hake Your Money Maker



The Black Crowes/$hake Your Money Maker/1990

One night a few years ago we were out at a local nightspot listening to our future son-in-law's band, and suddenly they played a song that really caught my attention. I loved the pace, the music, the words. He told me it was Seeing Things by The Black Crowes. You may hear a bit of it at Amazon.

I find it hard to shed a tear
You brought it all on yourself my dear
Wrong, yes I may be
Don't leave a light on for me
'Cause I ain't comin' home
It hurts me baby to be alone
Yes, it hurts me baby

A hundred years will never ease
Hearing things I won't believe
I saw it with my own two eyes
All the pain that I can't hide

And this pain starts in my heart
And this love tears us apart
You won't find me bent down on my knees
Ain't bendin' over backwards baby
Not to please

'Cause I'm seeing things for the first time
I'm seeing things for the first time, oh yeah
I'm seeing things for the first time
In my life, in my life

I used to dream
Of better days that never came
Sorry ain't nothin' to me
I'm gone and that's the way it must be
So please I've done my time
Lovin' you is such a crime
You won't find me down on, on my knees
Won't find me over backwards baby
Just to please

'Cause I'm seeing things for the first time
I'm seeing things for the first time
Seeing things for the first time
Oh I'm seeing things for the first time
Yeah, seeing things for the first time
I'm seeing things for the first time
Yeah, I'm seeing things for the first time
In my life, in my life


The song playing is Hard To Handle, the old Otis Redding number. The (16!!) year old lead singer does this in the movie, The Commitments. It is one of my personal all time favorite songs.



I'm new to The Black Crowes, but now I'm a big fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.