Thursday, February 15, 2007

The reading table

Ever since Cornflower posted this Carl Larsson painting on her blog, I've been thinking about how to set up a reading table in my house.



I didn't have room in the kitchen, where I do most of my reading, so I put it in the study. I decided to use it for my own personal challenge books, a dozen books from my shelves that I want to read this year.



At Home With Beatrix Potter by Susan Denyer
Beatrix Potter A Life in Nature by Linda Lear
My Day, The Best of Eleanor Roosevelt's Acclaimed Newspaper Columns by Eleanor Roosevelt
Let Me Finish by Roger Angell
English Journey by J.B. Priestley
Deep in the Green by Anne Raver
English Journey by Beryl Bainbridge
Thomas Hardy by Claire Tomalin
Rumpole and the Reign of Terror by John Mortimer
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
American Bloomsbury by Susan Cheever
Rudyard Kipling in Vermont by Stuart Murray

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have a sofa table that I really don't use much for anything anymore (it has my Bose stereo on it, but I use my iPod in the kitchen now). I feel inspired, Nan! Oooh, and I recognize one of those books. Well, actually the one I gave you and the one you gave me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if you'd notice the Eleanor Roosevelt book. :<) It's been a while, but I am really looking forward to it. I skimmed a bit today and found some wise words. I'll probably offer up a few as "quote du jour" entries. And I discovered Anne Raver in The Writer in the Garden, edited by Jane Garmey, another book I think you would love. Thanks for stopping in, Les.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so totally cool!!!!!! Love this idea and love seeing your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I hope you'll find some time at some point to read along with the Garden Bloggers' Book Club. Perhaps you would like to suggest a book you have related to gardening and will be reading in the April-May timeframe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, I definitely want to do this. I've just been in the middle of too many books recently. :<)

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.