Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Today's cds/ Tim and Jeff Buckley







Two albums, 25 years apart. This could have been something wondrous; a father and a son, both excellent artists, each album a tremendous musical achievement, but no. The whole story is just so sad, so tragic that if it were a piece of fiction a reader might think it was too improbable.

Their dates say so much:

Tim Buckley 1947-1975
Jeff Buckley 1966-1997

My husband and I loved Tim Buckley from the first time we heard him. What a voice! And the songs were so different, so very special. Our first apartment had a big poster of him up on the wall. He died of a heroin overdose.

http://www.answers.com/topic/tim-buckley

I was late coming to Jeff's music, but now that I know it, I love it. He drowned in the Mississippi River.

http://www.jeffbuckley.com/bio.asp

It says online he met his father just once, when he was eight years old. By the time Jeff was nine, Tim Buckley was dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.