Friday, February 16, 2007

Today's song/Boat Drinks, and recipes

For those of us in the wintry climes, I thought this would be a perfect song! "I gotta fly to St. Somewhere."

Addendum: None of the old Blog Radio music works anymore.

I haven't tried all of these, but they sound tropically wonderful.

Bay Breeze

1 1/2 measures vodka
2 measures pineapple juice
3 measures cranberry juice
1 lime wedge

Almost fill a highball glass with ice cubes. Add vodka, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge.

Grass Skirt

1 1/2 measures gin
1 measure triple sec or Cointreau
1 measure pineapple juice
1/2 t. grenadine
1 pineapple slice

Half-fill the shaker with ice cubes. Add the gin, triple sec or Cointreau, pineapple juice, and grenadine. Shake well and pour unstrained into an old-fashioned glass and garnish with the pineapple slice.

Honeysuckle (this one I've had and it's delicious!)

1 oz. tequila
1/2 oz. peach schnapps
1/2 oz. coconut-flavored rum
2 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz. cranberry juice
Lime slice, for garnish

Fill a shaker with ice, and add tequila, schnapps, rum, and fruit juices. Shake four times and strain into a martini-style glass. Garnish with the lime slice.

Tequila Sunrise (different from other recipes, and very good)

2 oz. tequila
2 oz. peach schnapps
juice of an orange (or for a pale sunrise, juice of a lemon)

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, schnapps, and orange or lemon juice and shake ten times. Strain mixture into a glass.

Apocalypso (another good one- my version, modified from the book)

2 oz. coconut rum
4 oz. pineapple juice
juice of one lemon
splash of ginger ale

Fill large Collins glass with ice. Add rum, lemon juice, pineapple juice, and ginger ale in that order and stir. Garnish with pineapple wedge if you wish.

So those should keep you going till the weather warms up!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I need to do a little "cocktail" shopping for a few of these ingredients. Until then, I'll be sipping from my new bottle of Brandy in one of my pretty new snifters.

    It's 33 but sure feels colder with the wind and dampness (snow tonight). Yesterday's 9 felt downright balmy compared to today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make me think of summer on the porch. Just add a little umbrella and I'll give each a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan, come down south for a visit, I'll whip you up a batch of boat drinks to be enjoyed on our sailboat! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.