Saturday, August 1, 2015

Turkish Leek Patties

I recently bought a wonderful new cookbook 


and made a dish called Turkish Leek Patties.


I cut the recipe down to suit two people, which made 7 patties. Tom and I had 3 each, and Lucy had one. 

Chop three leeks and one scallion. Sauté in 1 T. olive oil. Turn down heat and add 3 cloves of garlic. Cook for just a short time.

Cook a few potatoes - maybe 4 or 5 depending on size - until soft.

Stir together and add 1 slightly beaten egg. Blend. I used my little hand blender and it worked great.

Cook on 350º griddle which is greased with cooking spray.


We ate them plain with salt and pepper but I’m sure some sour cream on top would be great, just as with potato latkes. 


I love leek soup, and this is like a leek soup patty. Delicious!!

Please do visit Weekend Cooking for more food related postings. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, do those look good! I'm with you -- bring on the sour cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I like leek soup too so I am sure I would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leek patties - fab idea. Cheers from Carole's Chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love leeks but never really know how else to cook them. I'll have to try this soon! Coincidentally I've also made potato patties, but Southeast Asian-style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look wonderful, and I would put sour cream on top- yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried leeks but those patties look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm!!! I can almost smell them... Love leek n all its forms, and haven't cooked anything with leek for too long a time. Yes, I think sour cream or a spoonful of cottage cheese, mixed with fresh herbs, would be the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! That book looks wonderful. I rarely cook directly from recipes, but can sit down and read a cookbook like a novel, for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look really nice Nan and suitable

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to leave a note.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.