Sunday, April 10, 2016

Making bread with Hazel Nina

If you've never happened to visit Beth Fish Reads which hosts Weekend Cooking, here are the guidelines:

Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book reviews (novel, nonfiction), cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs, restaurant reviews, travel information, or fun food facts. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page.


For a few weeks I've been baking bread for Margaret, Matthew, and Hazel. It has been quite a hit with Miss Hazel. It is known as 'Nana bread' at their house. When we were taking care of her on Friday, I thought I'd let her make the bread with me. She thoroughly enjoyed herself, and brought it home. I told her we can call it 'Hazel bread.' I felt like I was part of a long line of grandmothers teaching the grandchild how to make bread. My heart was bursting with love.



16 comments:

  1. This makes me happy just reading about making Hazel Bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post--I love the Hazel Bread and Hazel is just adorable. She will cherish that time with you and memories you made.
    Aloha, Deb--Kahakai Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to being able to do this too. She watched me making scones today and said, 'Cake!' and couldn't wait to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful - treasured memories in the making.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how delightful. I can think of nothing better than to cook with children, and baking bread has to be the very best.
    I love baking and cooking with our Kezzie, and Ezra enjoys getting into the mix now as well. Someone did a post on a book that I just sent to our Kezzie for her birthday. "The Forest Feast for Kids" with simple vegetarian recipes kids can make on their own (but more fun with adults). I sent it along with some $$$ to go grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel Bread is the best bread. Thanks for sharing this heart-melting post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart is bursting with happiness for you and Hazel Nina! What a wonderful gift to share with this dear little girl. You are both so blessed to live so near one another. Thanks for sharing this lovely post, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can almost smell that wonderful aroma of bread. I bet it is great and will make very fond memories for Hazel Nina. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely lovely. You are creating such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to say exactly the same as Kay :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I am now happy to begin the day because of reading about Nana bread (I am a Nana, too) and Hazel bread.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your grandchildren are so very lucky to have you and Tom in their lives. You are helping them to build a solid core of values and happy memories, as well as the unbeatable memory of the smell of just baked bread. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a joyful activity! More wonderful memory-making at Nana's house!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So wonderful. I can almost taste (and smell) those fresh-baked with love loaves. And can just imagine Hazel's smile of pride when she presented her own loaves to her mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.